Its always gives you great pleasure when you are a quiz master…I am just posting some questions of the quiz which i conducted in my alma mater, IIPM, Chennai for the Annual Management Meet…AMAZE’07
First Answers for the OBQs which i Posted
- Ganesan and his family export a unique product from Mylpore, Chennai to Singapore daily through air. What unique product do they export daily?Idly or Idly batter
- Mervyn King, Governor, Bank of England gave a private lecture to a set of 200 bankers in RBI. He proposed theory which he called “Tendulkar’s theory” at the meeting. What is Tendulkar’s theory all about?Sachin anticipates the ball in which way it ill swing or go before the bowler bowls.In the same way the central bank also should anticipate in which way the stock exchange will move.
- Arab Books called these pastries as Sanbusak. In1334, the renowned traveler, Ibn Battuta referred it as Sambusak. In Ain-i-Akbari, it is referred as Qutab and is considered to be best dish among the dishes cooked with wheat. What famous dish am I talking about?Samosa
- In Germany, former soccer manager Reiner Callmund; Media Mogul, Peter Gontha in Indonesia; Mohammed Ali Allabar in Dubai; Who is in US? Donald Trump ( All are Apprentice hosts in different countries)
- He was termed by his father as a ‘Family Idiot’. In an interview with Ray Martin,he claimed that he is ‘academically stupid’. Which famous billionaire am I talking about? Kerry packer
1.‘Croma’ is a chain of retail stores from which Indian business group?
2.Which Indian industrial association organizes an annual convention of entertainment business called FRAMES?
3.What are confidoms?
4.Where do you transact on Linden dollars?
5.Which company owns Set Wet range of personal care products?
6.Which is the only Indian Channel to be broadcasted in Pakistan?
7.These are the chapters of which famous best seller?
Chapter 1: Discovering cheating as applied to teachers and sumo wrestlers
Chapter 2: Information control as applied to the Ku Klux Klan and real-estate agents
Chapter 3: The economics of drug dealing, including the surprisingly low wages and abject working conditions of crack cocaine dealers
Chapter 4: The controversial role legalized abortion has played in reducing crime.
Chapter 5: The negligible effects of good parenting on education
Chapter 6: The socioeconomic patterns of naming children
8.What is “the best a man can get”?
9.What did Hamburg stationer Claus-Johannes Voss, the Hamburg banker Alfred Nehemias and the Berlin engineer August Eberstein start?
10.This airline was first established in 1993. On December 2, 2001 it was bought by former Time Warner’s executive Tony Fernandes’ company Tune Air Sdn Bhd for a token sum of one ringgit. Now it has become one of the world’s greatest turn around story. Name this airline.
11.Which company is sometimes referred to as “John Company”?
British East India Co.,
12.Pegasus Institute of Excellence, which specialises in Outward Bound Learning(OBL) programs based out of Bangalore. They had a very special client last July. Name the client
Indian Cricket Team
13.Whose work experience reads like this
CTO – E2 Labs, Hyderabad
CBI- On Project Basis
Web Designer – Homstead Schools, US
VP – Phoneix Security, Singapore
14.Cuddyz is a sports bar owned by which famous cricketer?
15.Which Indian group owns Easy Bill, bill payment service?
16.What did Matti Makkonen, a finnish civil servant who worked for postal communications dept. of Finland (Posti), invent?
17.Who make the PINK range of loungewear, sleepwear and intimate apparels targeted towards college undergraduates?
18. Identify this movie baron.
Albert R.Broccoli ( EON Productions, James Bond Fame)
19. Name the company this person heads.
Philippe Varin of Corus
20.Windows Vista video Ad
21. Identify this award
Razzies or Raspberry Awards
22. Identify this logo
23. Who proposed this?
24. Identify this job advertisement
25. Music director of the Leo coffee ad Jingle – AR Rahman