April 1st is considered to be a fool’s day. But some of the most important things in this world have happened on this very day. I have listed just 6 of them.
- The Wrigley Company was founded by William Wrigley Jr. in the year 1891.
- Adolf Hitler was sentenced to Jail for his participation in Munich Putsch – a failed attempt to take over Germany. He sat and wrote Mein Kampf when he was in Jail. You know what happened next
- Wally Hammond of England hit that mammoth 336 against New Zealand in a Test match
- This same day The Reserve Bank of India was formed in 1935.
- Republic of Ireland was formed in 1949 although it gained independence in 1922 from the British. 26 counties came together to form the Republic.
- Apple Inc was formed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne – hell ya, they have changed a lot in this world.